This privacy notice clarifies the nature, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data on our website. Personal data is defined as any information that refers to you personally (e.g., your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior).
Provider and controller in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (Art. 4 Sect. 7 GDPR):
Address: Postfach 10 19 42, 50459 Köln
Visitor's address: Konrad-Adenauer-Ufer 21, 50668 Köln
Fax: 0221 4981 -856
Email: info( at )eclass.de
You can get in contact with our data protection officer by sending a letter to our mailing address supplemented with "Data Protection Officer" or
Herr Sebastian Feik
51429 Bergisch Gladbach
Tel.: +49 2202 28 941-0
Email: datenschutz-IWkoeln( at )legitimis.com
Your rights regarding the personal data that we collect:
- The right to be informed
- The right to rectification or erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing
- The right to data portability.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities regarding our organization’s processing of your personal data.
(1) If you visit our website simply to call up information, that is, if you do not register or provide us with other information, we collect only the personal data that your browser delivers to our server. If you wish to look at our website, we collect the following data needed for technical purposes in order to display our content online and ensure the stability and security of our website:
- IP Address – time-stamp of access request (date and time)
- Time zone difference in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Web pages/file names called up
- Access status/http status Code
- Volume of data transferred
- Website from which request for access originates
- Browser, operating system and its Interface
- Browser software language and version
(2) In addition to the collection of the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your terminal device when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser in a specific location on your hard drive and allow specific data to be exchanged with our website. Cookies cannot run a program or transmit a virus to your device. Cookies are designed to allow for a more user-friendly experience with our internet offerings and improve efficiency.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies (their respective scope and function is described below):
- Session cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically erased when you close your browser. Session cookies are a type of transient cookie. They store a so-called session ID that allows your browser to recognize various requests to your browser as part of the same session. This allows your device to recognize our website as such when you revisit it. Session cookies are erased when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically erased once their expiration date arrives, which can vary, depending on the cookie. You can erase these cookies at any time through your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings individually and block the use of all or just third-party cookies. Please note that you may not be able to enjoy functions on our website if you reject cookies.
(4) The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1, Sect. 1 (f). GDPR, our legitimate interest.
(1) When you contact us via the contact form or by email, the data you provide (your email address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are statutory retention obligations. Necessary mandatory information are marked separately, further details are voluntary.
(2) The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1, Sect. 1 (a). GDPR, your consent.
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we also offer the registration for seminars and events. For this purpose, you will have to provide additional personal data, which we use to register participants and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) Furthermore, we may transfer your personal data to third parties if events are offered by us together with partners. You will receive more information on this when you provide your personal data. In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us and are bound by our instructions.
(3) We delete the data collected in this regard after storage is no longer required or restrict processing if there are legal obligations to retain data.
(4) The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1, Sect. 1 (b). GDPR, for the performance of a contract.
(1) If you wish to place an order using our onlineshop, you will need to provide us with the personal data necessary for execution of the order in order to enable us to fulfill the contract. The information required for the execution of the contract is separately marked. The provision of additional information is optional. We will process the data provided by you in the course of executing of your order. In doing so, we may share your payment data with our bank. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1, Sect. 1 (b) of the GDPR.
We may additionally process the data provided by you in order to inform you about other interesting products from our portfolio, or to send you emails with technical information.
(2) For commercial- and tax-law reasons, we are obliged to save your address, payment and order data for a period of 10 years.
(3) In order to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data by third parties, the order process is encrypted using TLS technology.
(4) We use a service provider for the provision of payment methods. You can find the information on data protection at: https://www.mollie.com/de/privacy
(5) The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1, Sect. 1 (b). GDPR, for the performance of a contract.
(1) By providing us with your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, in which we will regularly provide you with information about current developments and interesting dates and offers.
(2) We use a so-called double-opt-in process for our newsletter registration. This means that following your registration, we will send an email to the email address provided in which we will ask you to confirm that you have requested delivery of the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be rendered inactive and automatically deleted after a month. The purpose of this procedure is to substantiate your registration and, if necessary, determine whether your personal data is being misused.
(3) Your email address is the only mandatory piece of information we need from you in order to send you the newsletter. The provision of further, separately marked data is optional, and will be used to facilitate personal contact with you. Following your confirmation, we will store your email address for the purposes of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1, Sect 1 (a) of the GDPR.
(4) You may revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time, thus unsubscribing from the newsletter. You can declare you are revoking your consent by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by using the form provided for this purpose on this website, by sending an email to info( at )eclass.de, or by sending a message to the contact data specified in the legal notice.
(1) This website uses the Matomo (formerly Piwik) web-analytics service in order to analyze the use of our website and enable regular improvements. The statistics obtained in this way enable us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user.
(2) In order to carry out this analysis, cookies (for details, see § 3) are stored on your computer. We store the information collected in this way exclusively on our server in Germany. You can discontinue the analysis by deleting any existing cookies and preventing other cookies from being stored. If you prevent cookies from being stored, you may not be able to use all features of this website in their entirety. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer by using the setting provided for this purpose in your browser.
(3) This website uses Matomo with the “AnonymizeIP” extension. Through the use of this tool, IP addresses are processed in shortened form, thus making it impossible to associate them directly with a specific person. The IP address transmitted by Matomo from your browser is not combined with any other data collected by us.
(4) The Matomo program is an open-source project. You can find information on this third-party provider’s data protection at https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
(5) The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1, Sect. 1 (f). GDPR, our legitimate interest.
(1) We currently employ the following social-media plugins: Facebook, Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn.
In the case of Facebook and Xing, according to statements by each provider in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately upon being collected. Thus, upon activation of the plugin, personal data will be transmitted from you to the plug-in provider and stored there (in the United States, in the case of U.S.-based companies). Because the plug-in provider collects data using cookies, we recommend that you use your browser’s security settings to delete all cookies before clicking on the grayed-out box.
(2) We have no influence over the data collected or the way in which this data is processed. We are not aware of the full scope of data collection, the objectives of the processing, or the period of data retention. We additionally have no information regarding the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in Provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you in the form of a user profile, and uses this for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the on-demand configuration of its website. Such use takes place (even for users who are not logged in) particularly for the presentation of targeted advertising, and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile; however, to exercise this right, you must contact the specific individual plug-in provider. We use these plugins to offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and with other users, so that we can improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plugins is Art. 6 Para. 1, Sect. 1 (f) of the GDPR.
(4) The transmission of data takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, the data collected while you are on our website will be directly associated with your account with the plugin provider. If you click the activated button and use it to post a link to our site, for example, the plug-in provider will also store this information in your user account, and publicly share it with your contacts. We recommend that you regularly log out after using a social network, especially before activating the button; this will enable you to avoid associating this activity with your profile at the plug-in Provider.
(5) You can obtain further information on the purpose and scope of the plug-in provider’s data collection and processing in each individual provider’s data-privacy policies, as specified below. These policies will also provide you with further information on your rights and on configuration options enabling you to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses for the plug-in providers, along with URLs for their data-privacy notices, are as following:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, United States; www.facebook.com/policy.php; For more information on data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other sowie www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info.
c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; twitter.com/privacy.
d) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
f) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
(1) We use embedded YouTube videos in our online service. These are stored at www.YouTube.com, and can be played directly from our website. These are all embedded using “privacy-enhanced mode”; this means that no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the video. The data specified in Par. 2 will be transmitted only once you play the video. We have no influence over this data Transmission.
(2) When you visit our website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the specific individual page on our site. In addition, the data specified in Section 3 of this statement will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether you have a YouTube account and are logged into it, and even if no such user account exists. If you are logged into Google, your data will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want this association with your YouTube profile to take place, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as a user profile, and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the on-demand configuration of its website. This use takes place (even for users who are not logged in) particularly for the presentation of targeted advertising, and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the establishment of this user profile. However, to exercise this right, you must contact YouTube.
(1) We use services provided by Google Maps on this website. This allows us to display interactive maps for you directly on the website and facilitate your convenient use of the map function.
(2) When you visit our website, your consent given, Google receives the information that you have accessed the specific individual page of our website. In addition, the data specified in Section 3 of this statement will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether you have a Google account and are logged into it, and even if no such user account exists. If you are logged into Google, your data will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want this association with your Google profile to take place, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a user profile, and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or on-demand configuration of its website. Such use takes place (even for users who are not logged in) particularly for the presentation of targeted advertising, and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the establishment of this user profile. However, to exercise this right, you must contact Google.
(3) You can obtain further information on the purpose and scope of the plug-in provider’s data collection and processing by consulting the provider’s data-privacy policies. That policy will also provide you with additional information on your rights and on configuration options enabling you to protect your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. A withdrawal of consent, once you have communicated to us, will affect the degree to which we are permitted to process your personal data.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is especially the case if the processing is not necessary for the completion of an agreement with you, as delineated in the description of functions that follows. Should you object, we will ask you to provide reasons why we should discontinue processing your personal data as we have previously done. If your objection is reasonable, we will examine the circumstances and either discontinue or adjust the data processing, or indicate to you our compelling and legitimate grounds for continuing with the processing.
(3) You can of course at any time object to any processing of your personal data that is carried out for the purposes of advertising and data analysis. To contact us regarding your advertising-related objection, you can reach us at the following address: info( at )eclass.de.