Every year we publish a new ECLASS Release. In this way, we are continuously expanding the standard in accordance with current and future market requirements.
More than 100,000 change requests from experts from industry and trade have been incorporated into the latest ECLASS Release 14.0. It was released on November 20, 2023 and contains
- full translations in 15 languages (as well as partial translations in two additional languages)
- 4 new submodels for the Asset Administration Shell (AAS)
- "Technical data"
- “Carbon Footprint”
- "Service Request Notification"
- "Contact information"
- about 400 new classes
- 73 new blocks
- about 2,500 new properties
- about 1,900 new values
Product Environmental Footprint:
In the field of 'product sustainability', ECLASS is further expanding its pioneering role: For Release 14.0, we have significantly expanded the existing ECLASS aspect 'Environmental Footprint', especially focusing on the block life cycle stage and added new blocks, such as "land use," "water use," "acidification," and more. In this way, users can describe information, e.g. on the CO2 footprint of their products, even better with ECLASS.
Segment 29 "Home Economics, Home Technology":
We are excited to introduce new classes that address modern consumer needs. Classes like "29-16-04-17 - Milk cooler for espresso machine" and "29-15-02-18 - Pizza oven" offer precise and accurate descriptions for both industry and trade.
Segment 22 "Construction Technology":
To better serve the construction industry, we have made expansions in the following areas:
- Various extensions with properties in group 22-22-01 “Insulating material”
- Various extensions with properties in the group 22-28-01 "Door"
- Various extensions with properties in the group 22-34-01 “Concrete”
- Various new classes in the main group 22-36 “Sanitation”
These updates provide detailed specifications, enabling more efficient procurement and planning processes for construction projects.
In addition, CAx aspects were added in the following groups:
- 22-32 Sun protection (building element)
- 22-36 Sanitation
- 22-39 Heating technology (building material)
- 22-41 Air treatment, ventilation system
- 22-56 Pipe and pipe fittings (installation)
This enables ECLASS users now to describe, for example, an air-conditioning (22-41-05-07) with its electrical connections for the cables, the cooling connections and the condensate connection. In addition, all information for installation, such as fastening information or restricted spaces for laying the connections, can be provided. This supports both the planning of the installation and the wiring (dimensioning, directions, ...).
Segment 27 "Electric Engineering, Automation, Process Control Engineering":
We are expanding the segment with the addition of several new classes, including "27-44-02-26 - Module for industrial connectors (hybrid)," "27-39-02-02 - Fog machine," "27-14-41-27 - Sliding door operator," and more.
The Release 14.0 reflects our commitment to providing a continuously expanding and open standard that empowers businesses across industries to optimize their processes. Our goal is to support your success in an ever-changing marketplace, and we're thrilled to take this significant step forward together.
Based on the specifications of IDTA for Submodel Templates, ECLASS Release 14.0 provides in addition to the templates "Nameplate" and "Handover Documentation" that were already included in Release 13.0, four new aspects for Asset Administration Shells (AAS) and Digital Twins.
- “Technical Data”: This Submodel Template allows a full ECLASS product description to be integrated into the AAS. The AAS can thus contain product descriptions of several ECLASS versions in both ECLASS Basic and ECLASS Advanced at the same time.
- “Carbon Footprint”: By using the Submodel Template “Carbon Footprint” ECLASS users can integrate information on the environmental impact of products or components into the AAS.
- “Service Request Notification”: In order to help streamline communication about service requests we have implemented this Submodel Template. It helps integrate information on service request notifications into the AAS.
- “Contact Information”: We have implemented this aspect to seamlessly manage and share contact details within your data ecosystem. Whether it's a manufacturer's address, customer support email, or a service provider's contact number, using ECLASS this template ensures that crucial contact information is easily accessible and uniformly structured in your AAS.
An accompanying documentation answers the questions:
- How can I get the new Asset XML?
- Where do I find the Asset XML?
- How do I obtain the Asset XML?
- How to use the ASSET XML?
Detailed information on the release process can be found in our Technical Documentation.