You purchase a license for ECLASS Release 12.0 in all available languages in the export formats BASIC (csv and XML) and ADVANCED (XML). Most of the language versions are partly translated; the rest filled with the English original.
Update August 19, 2022: After a relaunch of the ECLASS platforms, the links given in our Readme files are no longer correct. After purchasing an ECLASS license you will find the updated Readme files as an additional zip archive in your Download Area .
The ECLASS Major Release 12.0 is an enhancement and modification of the ECLASS Minor Release 11.1.
With Release 7.0 an improved structure according to the underlying ISO13584 data model and an ISO-standard XML format (OntoML) was introduced.
Starting with ECLASS Release 7.0, there are two different versions of ECLASS which contain the same classes, but differ in the product description on the basis of properties and values:
- BASIC (in .csv or .XML format). The BASIC version contains only the content that could be represented in a .csv format that was the exclusively used export format before 7.0. Therefore, it does not contain property block structures nor dynamic elements as in the ADVANCED version. BASIC does contain all classes of the ADVANCED, but the product description with the help of properties and values is structured a lot easier. BASIC is therefore a subset of ADVANCED.
- ADVANCED (only in .XML format). The ADVANCED version is the leading version in the database and built on the basis of the data model ISO13584. It contains all structural elements of the ECLASS classification system including property blocks, dynamic elements such as reference properties, polymorphism and cardinality blocks. The description of these extended structural components as well as additional information can be found under ADVANCED Version in our Technical Support.
Each classification class refers to both an ADVANCED and a BASIC application class that contains the product description with the help of properties and values. The ADVANCED version contains the complete content of ECLASS and is therefore an extension of the BASIC version.
In our Technical Support you may find an overview (matrix of functionalities) which makes it possible for you to compare the two versions (BASIC and ADVANCED) and their possibilities. A provided reference table (XML File: Mapping BASIC_ADVANCED) enables users of the ADVANCED version to exchange technical data with users of the BASIC version. Hereby, the necessary know-how has to be delivered by the user of the ADVANCED version.
ECLASS 12.0 comprises in comparison to Release 11.1
- ca. 1,650 new classes
- ca. 200 new blocks
- ca. 3,000 new properties
- ca. 2,300 new values
All available downloads at the ECLASS Shop generally contain a complete ECLASS version in csv format or XML format (for initial implementation). For information on the data structure, please refer to the enclosed README file.
The content has been extensively expanded, particularly in the following segments:
- Revision of 9x classes
- Clearing up of fuzzy 9x classes, e.g. 90 "Other".
- 27 "Electric engineering, automation, process control engineering"
- Ongoing content development and structuring of existing content. Especially 27-27 has been completely revised and 27-17 has been newly created.
- 34 "Medical Device"
- Enhancement of classes, properties, keywords and values e.g. in 34-32 (Implant) and 34-54 (Therapy device) as well as enhancement of basic properties.
- 36 "Machine, apparatus"
- Enhancement of properties and values in 36-41 (Pump).
- 48 "Sport, playing, leisure"
- Establishment and restructuring of the class structure.
- 51 "Fluid power"
- Ongoing content development and introduction of important ISO properties.
Content ECLASS 12.0 BASIC (csv):
- Classes file (complete)
- Properties file (complete)
- Keywords and Synonyms file
- Values file (complete)
- Unit file (complete)
- Class-Property relations file
- Value lists (restricted Property-Value relations file, only BOOLEAN properties)
- Proposal lists (suggested Class-Property-Value relations file incl. constraints)
- README file ECLASS standard
Content ECLASS 12.0 BASIC (XML) or ADVANCED (XML):
- Dictionaries: include 39 XML files, hence for each segment one XML file that contains the complete content of the relevant segment (Classes, Keywords, Properties, Synonyms, Values, Value Lists, Units and all relations) (complete)
- Templates: Since Release 10.0.1, the "Templates" folder already known from previous Releases does not contain any content. The reason for this is the future handling with templates to deliver and publish only "default" templates with substantial content. This may change for future Releases.
Templates contain a Data Requirement Statement for the data exchange, in which can be defined e.g. sequences or optional and mandatory fields between the data transmitter and the receiver. You can find more information in our Technical Support under Templates.
- ECLASS units ("UnitsML" in XML format)
- Only ADVANCED: Additionally for the ADVANCED user the mapping file BASIC - ADVANCED is included
- README file
In the following, you will find the structure of the XML files. The placeholder "xy" stands for the different language codes.