You purchase a license for ECLASS Release 13.0 in all available languages in the export formats BASIC (csv and XML) and ADVANCED (XML). Most of the language versions are partly translated; the rest filled with the English original.
The ECLASS Major Release 13.0 is an enhancement and modification of the ECLASS Major Release 12.0.
New to ECLASS 13.0:
With Release 13.0, the ECLASS Standard includes enhancements for the Asset Administration Shell (AAS). In terms of the data model, a new Application Class of type "Asset" has been introduced in addition to BASIC and ADVANCED. In addition, properties can have the data types "File" and "Blob".
The Asset Application Classes were created for all classes at the fourth level in the segments 17, 18, 19, 21, 23, 27, 28, 32, 33, 36, 49, 50 and 51.
In addition, at the content level, the so-called "submodel templates" for the AAS were created as aspects and added to the Asset AC. Release 13.0 contains the submodel templates "Handover Documentation" and "Digital Nameplate for Industrial Equipment".
With Release 13.0, ECLASS e.V. furthermore publishes a third export format for the first time. In addition to the BASIC and ADVANCED representation, there is now an "Asset" type export format. This contains all Asset application classes including the Submodel template aspects.
ECLASS 13.0 (Asset) is free for all users; no order is required. This way you can activate the product yourself:
After entering the discount code "asset-151" under "My Profile", ECLASS 13.0 (Asset) is immediately available to all registered ECLASS users free of charge in the personal download area.
With Release 7.0 an improved structure according to the underlying ISO13584 data model and an ISO-standard XML format (OntoML) was introduced.
Starting with ECLASS Release 7.0, there are two different versions of ECLASS which contain the same classes, but differ in the product description on the basis of properties and values:
- BASIC (in .csv or .XML format). The BASIC version contains only the content that could be represented in a .csv format that was the exclusively used export format before 7.0. Therefore, it does not contain property block structures nor dynamic elements as in the ADVANCED version. BASIC does contain all classes of the ADVANCED, but the product description with the help of properties and values is structured a lot easier. BASIC is therefore a subset of ADVANCED.
- ADVANCED (only in .XML format). The ADVANCED version is the leading version in the database and built on the basis of the data model ISO13584. It contains all structural elements of the ECLASS classification system including property blocks, dynamic elements such as reference properties, polymorphism and cardinality blocks. The description of these extended structural components as well as additional information can be found under ADVANCED Version in our Technical Support.
Each classification class refers to both an ADVANCED and a BASIC application class that contains the product description with the help of properties and values. The ADVANCED version contains the complete content of ECLASS and is therefore an extension of the BASIC version.
In our Technical Support you may find an overview (matrix of functionalities) which makes it possible for you to compare the two versions (BASIC and ADVANCED) and their possibilities. A provided reference table (XML File: Mapping BASIC_ADVANCED) enables users of the ADVANCED version to exchange technical data with users of the BASIC version. Hereby, the necessary know-how has to be delivered by the user of the ADVANCED version.
ECLASS 13.0 comprises in comparison to Release 12.0
- ca. 1,050 new classes
- ca. 300 new blocks
- ca. 3,800 new properties
- ca. 5,600 new values
All available downloads at the ECLASS Shop generally contain a complete ECLASS version in csv format or XML format (for initial implementation). For information on the data structure, please refer to the enclosed README file.
The content has been extensively expanded, particularly in the following segments:
- Segment 27-26 "Component (electronic)"
- Ongoing harmonization project with JEITA ECALS from Japan: after building the classification structure for ECLASS 12.0, the focus for ECLASS 13.0 was on the properties.
- Segment 51 "Fluid power"
- Digitalization project together with VDMA, creation of 13 aspects for description and as partial models.
- Segment 35 "Semifinished product"
- New main groups 35-12 "Semi-finished product (brass)" and 35-13 " Semi-finished product (stainless steel)" with new classes, properties, aspects etc.
- Segment 27 "Electric engineering, automation, process control engineering"
- Ongoing content development and creation of the new main groups 27-25 "Terminal block systems and system components" and 27-19 "Empty enclosure".
- Product Enviromental Footprint
- Initial structure and properties to depict the Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) were created. The focus was on the representation of the Product and Transport Carbon Footprint (PCF and TCF), which were assigned as aspects to all classes of all segments.
- Usage information
- New aspect for improved presentation of usage information, based on VDI 2770 and IEC/IEEE 82079-1. This aspect, which initially exists only for some segments, is intended to help improve the presentation of information such as certificates.
- New translations in Polish and Finnish
- A total of approx. 15,800 Finnish class translations as well as 6,200 Polish class translations were added.
Content ECLASS 13.0 BASIC (csv):
- Classes file (complete)
- Properties file (complete)
- Keywords and Synonyms file
- Values file (complete)
- Unit file (complete)
- Class-Property relations file
- Value lists (restricted Property-Value relations file, only BOOLEAN properties)
- Proposal lists (suggested Class-Property-Value relations file incl. constraints)
- README file ECLASS standard
Content ECLASS 13.0 BASIC (XML) or ADVANCED (XML):
- Dictionaries: include 39 XML files, hence for each segment one XML file that contains the complete content of the relevant segment (Classes, Keywords, Properties, Synonyms, Values, Value Lists, Units and all relations) (complete)
- Templates: Since Release 10.0.1, the "Templates" folder already known from previous Releases does not contain any content. The reason for this is the future handling with templates to deliver and publish only "default" templates with substantial content. This may change for future Releases.
Templates contain a Data Requirement Statement for the data exchange, in which can be defined e.g. sequences or optional and mandatory fields between the data transmitter and the receiver. You can find more information in our Technical Support under Templates.
- ECLASS units ("UnitsML" in XML format)
- Only ADVANCED: Additionally for the ADVANCED user the mapping file BASIC - ADVANCED is included
- README file
In the following, you will find the structure of the XML files. The placeholder "xy" stands for the different language codes.