You purchase a license for ECLASS Release 14.0 in all available languages in the export formats BASIC (csv and XML) and ADVANCED (XML). Most language versions are fully translated, some are partially translated. In partially translated language versions, missing language content is filled in with the English original.
The ECLASS Release 14.0 is an enhancement and modification of the ECLASS Release 13.0.
Technical innovations in ECLASS 14.0
With this upgrade, users have access to fully translated new language content, Asset Application Classes at each classification class, the revised level type and much more.
For Release 14.0, missing language content has been added with the help of the automatic translation tool DeepL. For the first time, complete translations of the content ("preferred names") can be provided in 15 of the 17 languages available in ECLASS.
Asset Administration Shell
In Release 14.0, Asset ACs were added to all classes on the fourth level if none were already available. The newly added Asset ACs have no content and are named "Asset (empty)". This means that ECLASS provides Asset ACs in all classes for the first time.
The new ECLASS version is provided for the first time in the new XML schema 4.0. New features in the XML schema are a revised level type and the new range constraint property. The revised level type property can now reference up to four other single-level properties (MIN, MAX, TYP, NOM). The range constraint property is not product-specific and can restrict the range of properties. Furthermore, the "translation quality level" (TQL) attribute is derived with XML schema 4.0. The TQL marks the quality of the linguistic content and indicates how the content of the preferred name, or the definition of the structural element was created. A distinction is made between five language levels.
ECLASS 14.0 comprises in comparision to Release 13.0
- 382 new classes
- 73 new blocks
- 2,465 new properties
- 1,859 new values
All available downloads at the ECLASS Shop generally contain a complete ECLASS version in csv format or XML format (for initial implementation). For information on the data structure, please refer to the enclosed README file.
The content has been extensively expanded, particularly in the following segments:
- The aspect "Environmental Footprint"
- The existing ECLASS aspect has been expanded, particularly in the block "Life cycle phase". In addition, further new blocks have been added to the aspect, e.g., "Land use", "Water use", "Acidification" and more.
- Four new aspects for the Asset AC
- "Technical data"
- "Carbon footprint"
- "Service request notification"
- "Contact informations"
- Segment 29 "Home economics, Home technology"
- New classes such as 29-16-04-17 (Milk cooler for espresso machine) or 29-15-02-18 (Pizza oven) have been added.
- Segment 22 "Construction technology"
- Various extensions with properties in group 22-22-01 (Insulating material)
- Various extensions with properties in group 22-28-01 (Door)
- Various extensions with properties in the group 22-34-01 (Concrete)
- Various new classes in the main group 22-36 (Sanitation)
- Addition of CAx aspects in the following groups:
- 22-32 Sun protection (building element)
- 22-36 Sanitation
- 22-39 Heating technology (building material)
- 22-41 Air treatment, ventilation system
- 22-56 Pipe and pipe fittings (installation)
- Segment 27 "Electric engineering, automation, process control engineering"
- Extended by various new classes, e.g. 27-44-02-26 (Module for industrial connectors (hybrid)), 27-39-02-02 (Fog machine), 27-14-41-27 (Sliding door operator) etc.
- Segment 34 "Medical Device"
- Various corrections of properties in main group 34-32 (Implant)
- Addition of definitions for all classes of the segment
With Release 7.0 an improved structure according to the underlying ISO13584 data model and an ISO-standard XML format (OntoML) was introduced.
Starting with ECLASS Release 7.0, there are two different versions of ECLASS which contain the same classes but differ in the product description based on properties and values. Since Release 13.0, the ECLASS standard has included extensions for the Asset Administration Shell (AAS). Regarding the data model, in addition to BASIC and ADVANCED a new application class of the type "Asset" has been introduced.
BASIC (in csv- or XML format)
The BASIC version contains only the content that could be represented in a csv format that was the exclusively used export format before 7.0. Therefore, it does not contain property block structures nor dynamic elements as in the ADVANCED version. BASIC does contain all classes of the ADVANCED, but the product description with the help of properties and values is structured a lot easier. BASIC is therefore a subset of ADVANCED.
ADVANCED (only in XML format)
The ADVANCED version is the leading version in the database and built based on the data model ISO13584. It contains all structural elements of the ECLASS classification system including property blocks, dynamic elements such as reference properties, polymorphism and cardinality blocks. The description of these extended structural components as well as additional information can be found under ADVANCED Version in our Technical Support.
Note: Each classification class refers to an ADVANCED, a BASIC application class and an ASSET AC, that contains the product description with the help of properties and values. The ADVANCED version contains the complete content of ECLASS and is therefore an extension of the BASIC version.
In our Technical Support you find an overview (matrix of functionalities), which makes it possible for you to compare the two versions (BASIC and ADVANCED) and their possibilities. A provided reference table (XML-File: Mapping BASIC_ADVANCED_ADVANCED) enables users of the ADVANCED version to exchange technical data with users of the BASIC version. The necessary know-how must be delivered by the user of the ADVANCED version.
ASSET (only in XML format)
In Release 13.0, Asset Application Classes were created for all classes on the fourth level in the segments 17, 18, 19, 21, 23, 27, 28, 32, 33, 36, 49, 50 and 51. In addition, the so-called "submodel templates" for the AAS were created as aspects at the content level and were added to the Asset AC in these classes. In addition to the BASIC and ADVANCED representation, ECLASS e.V. publishes a derivation of the type "Asset". This contains all Asset Application Classes including the submodel template aspects.
ECLASS 14.0 (Asset) is free of charge for all users; no order is required. You can activate the product yourself:
After entering the discount code "asset-153" under "My Profile", ECLASS 14.0 (Asset) is immediately available to all registered ECLASS users free of charge in the personal download area.
ECLASS 14.0 BASIC (csv)
- classes file (complete)
- properties file (complete)
- keywords and synonyms file
- values file (complete)
- unit file (complete)
- class-property relations file
- value lists (restricted property-value relations file, only BOOLEAN properties)
- proposal lists (suggested class-property-value relations file incl. constraints)
- README file ECLASS standard
ECLASS 14.0 BASIC (XML) or ADVANCED (XML)
- Dictionaries: include 39 XML files, hence for each segment one XML file that contains the complete content of the relevant segment (classes, keywords, properties, synonyms, values, value lists, units and all relations) (complete)
- Templates: Since Release 10.0.1, the "Templates" folder already known from previous Releases does not contain any content. The reason for this is the future handling with templates to deliver and publish only "default" templates with substantial content. This may change for future Releases.
Templates contain a Data Requirement Statement for the data exchange, in which can be defined e.g. sequences or optional and mandatory fields between the data transmitter and the receiver. You can find more information in our Technical Support under Templates.
- ECLASS units ("UnitsML" in XML format)
- Only ADVANCED: Additionally for the ADVANCED user the mapping file BASIC - ADVANCED is included
- README file
In the following, you will find the structure of the XML files. The placeholder "xy" stands for the different language codes.