The ECLASS Release 12.0 is an enhancement and modification of Release 11.1 and contains in comparison:
- ca. 1,650 new classes
- ca. 200 new blocks
- ca. 3,000 new properties
- ca. 2,300 new values
The content has been extensively expanded, particularly in the following segments:
- Revision of 9x classes
- Clearing up of fuzzy 9x classes, e.g. 90 "Other".
- 27 "Electric engineering, automation, process control engineering"
- Ongoing content development and structuring of existing content. Especially 27-27 has been completely revised and 27-17 has been newly created.
- 34 "Medical Device"
- Enhancement of classes, properties, keywords and values e.g. in 34-32 (Implant) and 34-54 (Therapy device) as well as enhancement of basic properties.
- 36 "Machine, apparatus"
- Enhancement of properties and values in 36-41 (Pump).
- 48 "Sport, playing, leisure"
- Establishment and restructuring of the class structure.
- 51 "Fluid power"
- Ongoing content development and introduction of important ISO properties.