Using the Content Development Platform
This is a tutorial on how to use the technical support context help within the ECLASS ContentDevelopmentPlatform. The ContentDevelopmentPlatform (CDP) is the online platform open for every interested user to submit their proposals for changes of the content of ECLASS (change requests). The usage is open for everybody and free of charge. A user simply has to register so that change requests, their requestor and their reason are documented.
Working with Categories
In order to view all existing help pages for the different use cases of the CDP, please see the topic list below which works with categories. Categories order Technical Support-Pages of the same kind. E.g. this category "Using the Content Development Platform" links all help pages of the ECLASS CDP that explain how the classification system is maintained online, i.e. how change requests to change or enhance the classification system are created and submitted. Categories of a certain technical support page are always listed at the end of the article.
Working with the Technical Support help
In general the green question mark in the headline of the ECLASS ContentDevelopmentPlatform is a dynamic link that forwards the user to Technical Support.
Depending on the chosen bullet point in the navigation drop-down-list, this link forwards the user to the context help guide. On this ECLASS-technical-support-site the content and applications are explained.
To access the context help, the user only has to tick a bullet point on the lowest level of the navigation. The link behind the question mark is then generated dynamically. If the user now clicks on the question mark, a new browser window will open with the corresponding context help guide as shown in the examples below.
Example for the context help window:
Structure of the CDP portal
The CDP works with a role concept, i.e. different users can have different roles that are connected to certain user rights. The minimum amount of roles that every registered user has are User, General, Info.
The information area links to some general infos like
- this help technical support pages
- the ECLASS conditions of use
- the ECLASS
- and the technical support pages about the release planning so that users of the CDP are informed when and how their change requests will be considered and edited and published at the earliest.
The general role comprises
- a contact email address
- the CDP search function to browse through the content
- and the user profile page where every user can change their own profile, password, contact email adress, preferred portal language [EN;DE], preferred default content language etc.
The user role finally is the role that creates and submits change requests. Under the bullet point Change Request CDP users find
- a list of all their own created change requests including a search function: My Change Request
- a list of all available structural elements that the user can create requests for
- a voting area that is currently not available
The structure of the user role in order to create change requests is as follows:
- first, chose the structural element that you would like to change (e.g. a class, a property)
- then, find the type of change you would like to request (e.g. create a new class, make a textual change, assign a property, withdraw a keyword etc.) or: you might alternatively browse through all available elements of this type including an overview of all change requests of this type.
- then, the next window will guide you through whichever change you would like to create
Pages in this category
Pages in category "Using the Content Development Platform"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.